In many ways, coding is like magic. With creativity, training, and a little technical know-how, you have the power to conjure whatever you imagine. All you need is a computer, an internet connection, and the right learning tool—one that’s engaging, moves at a comfortable pace, and offers resources and guidance for when you’re stuck on a problem.
Disney Codeillusion is that program.
Explore how to code through a comprehensive online curriculum with an immersive gaming environment, all set in the enchanting world of Disney!
How Does Disney Codeillusion Work?
Disney Codeillusion’s appeal is in its interactive learning design. With over a decade of coding education experience behind its conception, this captivating online program offers students a no-hassle course with all the fun of an RPG (Role Playing Game).
Here’s a quick rundown of what’s included in the program:
- 125 web-based, interactive lessons
- An adjoining physical workbook
- Comprehensive education on four key coding languages
- Lessons centered on game development, web design, and media art
The goal is to immerse adults and kids alike in an interactive world, making it super easy to practice how to code! Nonetheless, students of every age can leave the program with heightened coding skills and the confidence to apply those skills in any field.
Join Disney Characters for a Coding Adventure
Join magical sprites as you embark on a marvelous journey through an enchanted school, acing step-by-step lessons for different types of coding along the way. With each lesson, you will join iconic Disney characters like Goofy, Donald Duck, and Mickey Mouse to move through the story and unlock the enchanted pages of your project book.
Disney takes learning how to code to a whole new level by infusing education with gaming. Throughout this journey, you will complete missions in enchanting scenes from each of these original Disney films:
Each mini-lesson is easy-to-follow and builds on each new skill mastered, making it easy for anyone to learn to code. That way, you are always practicing past skills while discovering new ones.
Why You Should Learn to Code With Disney
Currently 90% of people who start an online course won’t finish it. For those of you that want to learn how to code online, this can be a discouraging statistic.
Disney Codeillusion creates an ideal learning environment that helps users to the finish line. Here’s how:
- Coding Fun With Disney Characters – Explore beautifully illustrated settings as you learn to code in the company of some of your favorite Disney characters. You’ll never be alone as you set sail on this enthralling, educational adventure.
- Digestible Curriculum – Only about 30 minutes long, each interactive lesson contains step-by-step instructions, breaking down difficult concepts so all skill levels of coders can grasp—and retain—with confidence. The curriculum is so accessible, even kids can learn to code!
- A “No-Stuck” Experience – Disney Codeillusion’s program guides students through the debugging (troubleshooting) process with helpful nudges from the student’s magical friends. That way, students will practice how to problem-solve without being bogged down by error messages.
- Accompanying Magic Book – Every student receives a magic workbook brimming with hidden puzzles, mysterious codes, and curious envelopes just waiting to be unsealed. This thrilling, physical component of the course will motivate any coder to keep discovering and learning.
- Gamification and Adventure – The program’s storyline makes learning to code endlessly engaging. Hands-on games and challenges allow students to apply their new skills in a fun way.
Disney Codeillusion helps you explore how to code with all the adventure of a gripping game, minus the boredom of traditional learning. If that doesn’t convince you, let the numbers do the talking:
- E-Learning – Surveys indicate that online learning courses increase retention by upwards of 60% compared to 8% in face-to-face training. Step-by-step lessons ensure that your learning builds on itself so you don’t ever have to feel lost or stuck in the process.
- Hands-On Practice – The best way to learn is by doing. Studies have shown that hands-on activities help you retain up to 75% of new material, compared to lectures or demonstrations. These courses are never stagnant or boring because you are always applying your skills and seeing the fruits of your labor online and offline.
Disney Codeillusion lets students bring their own virtual innovations to life through the power of coding.
What Do You Learn With Disney Codeillusion?
Most real-life coders use a mix of coding languages to create complete projects and achieve tangible results. That’s why Disney Codeillusion features lessons in four of today’s most common coding languages:
Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) is an essential building block for all things web design—it’s the tool behind a web page’s format and structure. Not only is it foundational, but it is also incredibly easy to learn.
Coders use CSS, or Cascading Style Sheets, to control the design elements of a webpage, like the text and background color, animations, and elemental positioning. Web designers usually pair HTML and CSS together to build web pages that are as readable and functional as they are breathtaking.
This coding language is highly visual. With quick and easy tools, coders can create gorgeous graphics and animations. Fulfilling on both a creative and technological level, Processing is also useful for building virtual prototypes and visualizing complex data.
Through the excitement of an RPG, Disney Codeillusion helps novice coders add valuable new languages to their toolbox.
A Whole New World... of Coding
Disney Codeillusion teaches you how to practice coding through hands-on puzzles and challenges, so you’re never just staring at an uneventful coding tutorial. These features set Disney Codeillusion apart from a college course or an intensive coding bootcamp where the main focus is grinding through problem sets with minimal room for creativity.
You get to apply your digital skills as soon as you learn them, focusing on three main areas of creation, plus the basics:
- Media art
- Game development
- Web design
Through every coding adventure and challenge, you’ll always be accompanied by a Disney friend to guide you into new levels of learning.
Computer and Coding Basics
Your first few lessons will focus on building a strong foundation of coding knowledge. Team up with your magical school’s principal to explore typing, clicking, scrolling, copy-and-pasting, and how to drag and drop with the tools provided.
Remember, while these concepts may sound simple, they are fundamental for your coding skill set. As you explore your new virtual school and hone these skills, be sure to pay attention—you’ll have to complete a test to move onto your lessons in media art.
Sounds pretty magical, right? But that’s just the beginning of your digital art education. Here’s a taste of what’s to come:
- Use Processing to create fireworks with Rapunzel in the world of Tangled.
- Create whirlpools with the little mermaid herself, Ariel.
- Take a look into the Beast’s magic mirror with Belle.
- ...and much, much more!
In Chapter One of your game development education, you’ll join your Donald to learn how to create basic games with vibrant images and electrifying sound. Later, you’ll test your game design chops with more familiar friends from the world of Disney:
- Team up with Aladdin to learn how to code functions and make his magic carpet fly.
- Create a card game to thwart the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland.
- Help Winnie the Pooh find his beloved snack by building him a honey-hunting game.
Keep exploring and you’ll find even more coding games to play—eventually, you will be able to design games of your very own!
You will also receive incredibly useful lessons on web design. These lessons will be especially beneficial for working professionals and entrepreneurs looking to control their brand image or make themselves invaluable at work (or, for young coders looking to build their own unique web pages).
While web design has some serious applications, Disney Codeillusion makes it easy to engage in web design fun.
- Goofy will introduce you to CSS and HTML for your first taste of web design magic.
- Learn about buttons, hovering, and composition with Lilo and Stitch.
- Practice the magic of spacing, styling, and layout with your friends from Zootopia.
With these essential skills, you’ll be making your own websites in no time.
Embrace the Magic of Disney
Learning to code is invaluable for literacy in the 21st century—it fosters immense creativity, improves your problem-solving skills, and builds confidence. Whether you want to get a boost in your job, or pick up a thrilling new hobby, discovering code is fulfilling and worthwhile.
Disney Codeillusion takes the experience of coding to the next level, making it as exciting as it is educational.
Attune. 7 Benefits of Hands-On Learning in Classroom Training. https://www.attune.com/insights/blog/posts/2017/november/7-benefits-of-incorporating-hands-on-learning-into-your-classroom-training/
Mashable. An introduction to HTML, CSS and other basic coding languages. https://mashable.com/2015/12/05/learning-to-code/
Tech Jury. 21 Astonishing E-Learning Statistics For 2020. https://techjury.net/stats-about/elearning/#gref
The Muse. Why People Quit 90% of Online Classes—and How to Beat the Odds . https://www.themuse.com/advice/why-people-quit-90-of-online-classesand-how-to-beat-the-odds